RE: Print Quality

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/17/04-10:10:49 PM Z

Don,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I meant 5760 X 2440.

I am primarily trying to understand what the higher (5760 dpi) figure
means. In other words, all other thing being equal, what would be the
advantage of a printer that advertises resolution of 5760 X 1440 over
one that is rated at 2240 X 1440? Since this is a printer and not
scanner I assumed that interpolation was not an issue?

BTW, my Epson 2000P is only 1440 X 720 dpi, and yet it is capable of
making very sharp prints and negatives.

Sandy