Re: digital print quality

From: Mike Klemmer ^lt;mklemmer@comcast.net>
Date: 04/22/04-05:21:33 PM Z

I heard that when the 10D first came out a photo shop out in Los Angeles had
a giant poster size mural from the camera on display. I didn't see it
personally but I hear the quality was unbelievable for a digital camera.

Now if you want to know lots about digital workflow by the pros, I recommend
this article:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-6453-6821

They talk about making double page spreads with a Canon 1Ds that were never
possible when they were using 35mm film.

To make a long story short, the shoot with 1Ds cameras in RAW + jpeg mode,
setting custom white balance with a gray card, limited ISO, Color Matrix 4
mode, using Grain Surgery to reduce noise, in-depth RAW conversion,
selective sharpening modes, etc.