Re: neutral B/W with Centennial POP paper?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 04/23/04-02:42:59 PM Z

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Andrey Vorobyov @ mail.ru wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anybody know how to get neutral (or close to neutral) Black and White tone on Centennial POP paper?
>
> Untoned prints are rather orange, gold toned become cool purple..

Palladium toning does a netural black, I believe there may be others. A
lot of it has to do with whether the toner is alkaline & which alkali-- I
remember John Yang saying the difference in the way gold tones (whether
pinkish or neutral) is whether sodium carbonate or borax in the toner ...
I have an article on that (or partly on that) coming up in #9, but it's
at the printer now & the info is scattered into a drawer of drafts... When
I am less scattered I'll confirm or elaborate -- but meanwhile, doesn't
Chicago Albumen Works address this in its instructions?

Judy