Re: Digital camera again...

From: Editor P.O.V. Image Service ^lt;editor@p-o-v-image.com>
Date: 08/01/04-01:41:56 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> These public appearances are, as far as i can tell, not really public.
> They do not seem to be announced in advance except to the specific
> group (school, factory, club, whatever) and that often at little or no
> notice. And there is total security so outsiders are not admitted...
> hardly worth a trip to, say Charlston, WV, on the gamble, even were it
> announced in advance. Mostly we hear about it the next day with a
> picture of Bush on the front page shaking hands... It is on my to-do
> list to check with RNC, however, and you back me into a corner so I
> can't stall on it forever... tho I'm not optimistic on that route.

You can watch the news for announcements of "Bus Tours" etc. by the
President or Kerry/Edwards (you'll actually find protesters in "Free
Speech zones" near the event as well, so you can find both kinds of
shirts at major events - we had some Bushies at the Kerry event in
Philly and at the Scranton event with Kerry, Edwards, and Ben Affleck).
If you google properly you can get a schedule of cities and dates. Once
you have that, call the LOCAL Republican party organization for that
city or county and ask them about tickets for the public.

> I have no more chance of seeing an actual delegate (except maybe at
> celebitry restaurant at night in shirt & tie) than if I drove up on a
> humvee flying the French flag and tossing sauteed potatoes...

Oh, but you are so wrong Grasshoppah...

I came to the Kerry Campaign from the Dean Campaign. HOWEVER, I ran as
a Republican for State Assembly in NJ's General Election last year. As
a result, although I'm actively supporting and working for Kerry
(non-photo work) I'm also still an Honorary NJ Delegate to the
Convention. (yes, it is causing some interesting situations in my
party... ;-) )

> But I couldn't do that even, because the streets will all be blocked
> off...

Not really..

> There's also the question of whether R delegates *wear* t-shirts --
> their fans may, but where will they be?

They'll likely wear t-shirts at things like convention-viewing
parties.. Delegates won't generally be in t-shirts.. The free-speech
zones at the convention will have both kinds of shirts as well.. I know
part of the West-Side Highway was beings set aside for that use too..

> As for Body Language, I only want the language in print, the rest is
> not this story, plus my subjects have to stand straight for the camera
> or you can't read what they're saying...

Hmmm.. If you write me an outline offlist of what you are doing I might
be able to find you people on both sides of the aisle willing to do it..

>> Interestingly, I see very few political shirts here in DC, except for
>> DuPont Circle and the college neighborhoods (where the distribution
>> is the
>> same as you've found in Manhattan).
>

> Thanks for that tip.... There are a couple of great shows in DC now of
> Islamic art would reward the trip even without R t-shirts, so maybe
> anyway. Tho I could also try again for R shirts on the web (so far no
> luck) and draft a few republican impersonators... The real thing is
> always so much better of course...

> I am also trying fror a press pass here in NY.... which may be easier
> than switching to OS 10, but so far not.

Generally, a NYC Press Pass, without a sponsoring media outlet, is ONLY
available after you've already had press images published in pretty
main-stream media.

Want to find Republican t-shirts? Head to any taping of any Fox show..
The people outside their morning show, or at Hannity and Colmes for
example.. Also, try hanging around outside the offices of WABC Radio..

Keith Krebs

"Just some guy," caretaker of the Multiverse's largest EPSON printer
User Community (highly recommended by Vogon Poets and MegaDodo
Publications), at:
and the Multiverse's largest Canon printer User Community at: