Re: Out Out Damn Wrinkles!

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 08/08/04-11:16:34 PM Z

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 Ender100@aol.com wrote:
> The paper wrinkles much more when I apply the second coat. I am allowing it
> to air dry for 45 minutes between coats. Any suggestions or tricks regarding
> how I might reduce the wrinkles—other than tumbling it in the dryer with one of
> those wrinkle removing little tissues?

Put pins in the 4 corners to pin to a cork board or similar & as the paper
stretches move the pins to keep it taut.

> Second, because of the above wrinkles, I am occasionally running into a
> second problem when exposing on the NUARC. The vacuum frame sucks everything up
> nice and tight—in fact, I am getting a wonderful embossing effect from the nubs
> on the rubber apron of the vacuum frame.

My experience with the NuArc was that for any paper thinner than mat
board, it was necessary to reduce pressure to prevent creasing. You have
a bleed valve? About 5 - 10 pounds pressure was plenty.

judy