Re: Does anyone know this person or the work?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 08/12/04-02:09:35 AM Z

From: nze christian <christian_nze@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Does anyone know this person or the work?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:32:11 +0200

> All the student of the ENS Lumière should make a thesis so there is
> a lot of good information in french

I bet! But in the last message I meant I was interested in the work of
E. Benard or of the same group (the supervisor, next student in the
lab, et al) regarding the treatment of silver image with minimum
polysulfide to optimize the stability, preferrably those published on
peer reviewed journals. And I was also wondering if ENS has
electronic thesis repository accessible from online... sort of like
the one you gave reference to but in a more systematic one.

For those interested in this topic, I read that Benard studied ways to
protect silver b&w images with polysulfide and also examined methods
of testing the adequacy of protection. The preferred method is
ferricyanide bleach instead of dichromate bleach, which is in the ISO
standard. This is the same as my personal experience, and I heard of
Doug Nishimura's lab having some students to develop alternative to
dichromate bleach several years ago, but I just did not know of any
published data until now...

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.