Re: IS THIS TABOO? FW: PRICES FOR PT/PD PRINTS

From: Peter Marshall ^lt;petermarshall@cix.co.uk>
Date: 08/18/04-06:29:55 AM Z

> DEAR LIST,
> Have I committed a faux pas? Is it taboo to ask about pricing?
So far
> only Eric Neilsen has responded and I thank him for his help. As I am
> not
> in the U.S. I don't really have much information on what prices people
> are
> charging for their PT/PD prints in these sizes. I am only asking for
> guidelines and any help would be greatly appreciated.
> CHEERS!
> BOB

Bob,

I think the factors which come in to pricing are exactly those you would
use for silver prints or normal colour prints. Or for that matter archival
inkjet prints. So while I don't think your question at all a faux pas it
depends on who you are, who you are selling to and where.

The last show I had work in the prices were roughly three times the amount
I charge on the internet. If it had been in a commercial gallery they
would probably at least have doubled them again.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/