Re: New Cyanotype - my first unsuccessful attempt

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 08/20/04-04:51:37 PM Z

Sorry for the previous "empty" post.

Even if I agree with you on testing methodology...

James' book say:

"... Mike notes in his book on the New Cyanotype Process that there are
indications the citric acid may make the print more suspectible to fading.
Because of this, he is now, as of 2000, recommending the use of 1% nitric or
hydrochloric acid in place of the citric acid ..."

Even if the "exact cause" of this assumption ("the print may be more
suspectible to fading") is veiled, this is pretty enough for me (a humble
mortal) to reconsider using citric acid for clearing New Cyanotype ;)

Regards,
Loris.