Re: physical developers

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 08/24/04-08:06:42 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@silvergrain.org>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: physical developers

> From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: Re: physical developers
> Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:51:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
>
> > It is likely that some fine grain chemical developers
have some
> > contribution from solution physical development.
>
> I doubt it. If you mean stuff like p-phenylenediamine,
maybe, but not
> developers like D-76 or D-23. Or D-25 for that matter.

   In fact after I posted this I realized that the claim is
made in rather early books. Later books agree with your
statement that there is probably no physical development
even in high solvent developers. I read this but for some
reason didn't think of it until after posting.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com