RE: Digital Negs - RGB vs CMYK

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@gumphoto.com>
Date: 12/02/04-11:13:13 AM Z

"He [Livick] does not use the K. Not having ever done CMYK, is this a typo,
or those of you who do use CMYK
do you use the negs like this? "

The amount of density in the black channel can be adjusted. I often use
CMY. For that matter, I also sometimes use RGBK. There is no standard,
vanilla CMYK. Just as a car is shipped with default radio settings,
Photoshop is shipped with default CMYK settings. Use them at your peril. I
have made hundreds of sets of digital negs for gums, with hundreds of
different CMYK settings. Different pictures require different approaches.

When I do my workshop, I will focus on Photoshop channel manipulation in
great detail. Eventually, I intend to put a "how-to" page on my website.
There is a wealth of information to be had in a book entitled Photoshop
Channel Chops.

Keith