cyanotypes on fabric

From: Isabella M. Trauttmansdorff ^lt;imt25@dca.net>
Date: 12/02/04-11:37:55 AM Z

I am hoping to do some holiday gifts on a budget this year, and thought
about doing some cyanotypes on t-shirts (rather than just prints on
paper). I've never done cyanotypes on fabric, and I've only seen them
on "tighter" fabrics-- like bed sheets or shirt fabrics. Has anyone
done this successfully on plain cotton tees? Any advice, other than
pre-washing the fabrics a number of times to remove sizing? Any
suggestions on kinds of fabrics to avoid? I'm worried that I will lose
too much of the image in the washing process.

Thanks very much,
Isabella