Re: travel in Italy- from a photographer's view

From: Jim Strain ^lt;jstrain@iquest.net>
Date: 12/06/04-10:36:06 AM Z

Susan: I traveled in Italy with a Mamiya 7 rangefinder and a small, light 'pod (a carbon-fiber model that was really strong and really light). Seemed to me ideal because I backpacked with it and still got nice large chromes. I do not have suggestions other than we found that staying outside of San Giminiano (sp?) in a villa was lovely and using Florence as a home base for Tuscany seemed to work well too. From Tuscany, it was eay to train/bus to various small places for day trips or to rent a car or to hire a driver. Hope this helps. Jim