Re: travel in Italy- from a photographer's view

From: Nick Zentena ^lt;zentena@sympatico.ca>
Date: 12/06/04-11:40:43 AM Z

On December 6, 2004 08:20 am, Susan Huber wrote:
> Dear List;
> I hope I am doing this right... I am enquiring as to whether there are
> Italian photographers on this list that could advise me/ other travellers
> recommending nice, small cities for 2 weeks in Oct. 2005. I don't want to
> stay in 4 star accommodations-(no hotels) and wish to find out about type
> of camera (is the 6 by 9 ideal) that is easy to travel with. I like Umbria
> and or; Tuscany areas.

        Shouldn't you be taking a camera you're used to? If you're worrying about
hauling the thing around then doesn't it depends on how you're traveling.
Train,car or even walking mostly? Not to mention what you're photographing?

http://www.turismo.toscana.it/new/sitoinglese/apet.htm

I'm having problems with the English website. Maybe it'll work better for you.
If you can handle Italian you might want to try that:

http://www.turismo.toscana.it/new/index.html

You can search for events during your stay . Choose mountains,sea or rural
areas. Even request publications.

Nick