Re: travel in Italy- from a photographer's view

From: danieletanto.fotografo@virgilio.it
Date: 12/09/04-03:13:10 AM Z

I feel like a travel agency:-)
I spend some words for the Italians places and ideas that foreigners have
about Italy.
That's a real truth; some Italians cities and part of some regions are a
sort of "pitoresque vision" for turists. Tuscany along with Venice is on
the top. Many visitors of Italy really need to be in places as the above
to say:"I was there, I recognize the town or the landscape, this is true
Italy". My prefered Italy is the "minor" where not to much tourists are.
The discussion could go on about this argument for days......
J. Bailey suggest the South as Puglia, I completely agree with him. About
wines of the region they are raising in the Italian enology after years
of darkness.
J. Siegel has a passion for the pre-Renaissance art: there was a very interesting
exhibithion in Siena of Duccio di Boninsegna one of the master of period
and it will worth a visit.
My informations about Italy are partisan and very personal because I know
the problem since I live in Verona, one of the most visited town in Italy
and I see quite everyday of the year the tourists tours......
Daniele