Re: Digital slide camera, was Re: off-topic digital camera suggestions

From: Dennis Moser ^lt;aldus@angrek.com>
Date: 12/12/04-02:16:33 PM Z

Sam,

If you are considering going to the expense of a top-notch DSLR (Canon,
Nikon, Kodak, Fuji), I personally know that both Nikon and Canon make a
right-angle viewer attachment for just the purposes you are describing.
They are not inexpensive, but for this kind of work they are just what
you need. I believe I priced the right-angle viewer that would fit my
Canon 10D at B&H, so they should be fairly available.

Also, there is software out there that will "drive" your camera, such
that if it "tethered" to your computer, you can instantly preview it on
the monitor...thus having a 17" remote preview...

Not to take anything away from the Leica/Panasonic rangefinder, but for
the price of the camera alone you could put together a very flexible
DSLR system with several lenses and the viewer for the same amount or
less...

Dennis Moser

--
mailto:aldus@angrek.com
"That so few now dare to be eccentric, marks the chief