Re: Requests for files - another suggestion

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 12/17/04-11:31:51 AM Z

From: Barbara Izzo <bi3@georgetown.edu>
Subject: Re: Requests for files - another suggestion
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:21:42 -0500

> I want to second Charlie Goodwin's requests:

Same here. Another suggestion is that some email softwares are much
easier to handle a very large number of emails than others. (Still
emails do often get buried among many others and get "lost" so I agree
to the idea to minimize emails of little relevance anyway.)

One thing a poster can/should do when posting a message soliciting
off-list responses is to specify a Reply-To: line in the email header.
This does not affect the delivery of the email but when the receiver
hits the reply button, the content of this line to which the reply is
being made should become the addressee automatically. Some mailing
list servers replace existing Reply-To with the mailing list's address
so that reply is directed to the list... in those lists it doesn't work.

I added Reply-To to myself on this message to see if it works with
this list. You can also try to see how it works (if it does work with
this list server).

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People seldom do what they believe in.  They do what is convenient,