Hello!

From: trevor cunningham ^lt;tr_cunningham@yahoo.com>
Date: 12/20/04-01:48:38 AM Z

Hello everybody!

I'm new to the group and alt processes as well. I've recently just started doing cyanotypes. I've come across some inconsistent results with the same materials. For all situations to be described, I'm working from the same batch of chemicals mixed (but not combined into sensitizer) a week ago. The solutions are 25g of ammonium ferric citrate to 75cc distilled, and 10g potass ferricynide to 80 cc distilled. The first print came out rather faint (paper only dried for a couple hours) after an exposure of about ten minutes. Actually, all exposures were around ten minutes. The next two came out very vivid and bright blue (paper dried overnight). The next two came out faint once again (left to dry over the weekend). And today's came out somewhere in between (left overnight). I'm assuming there is a correlation between drying time and intensity of the blue in the shadows. I've read that increased washing can reduce the intensity of an image as well (however, the most viv!
 id were
 washed the longest...may not long enough for the solution to react to the water?). How about volume of chemical on the paper?

Cheers...Trevor Cunningham

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true" - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham