Re: Fwd: inkjet negative density with Epson 2200 printer

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 12/28/04-03:27:27 PM Z

Mark,

Perhaps I misunderstood the thread but my understanding was that it
was about getting more contrast from the printer than the color
palette allows for processes like albumen, salted paper, and VDB. If
the issue is Pt./Pd. or even pure palladium, I have had no problem at
all getting sufficient contrast using the color palette and the
method outlined in PDN, and in any event one could easily drop the
contrast of the process by more Na2 or dichromate as needed. However,
for UV processes that need a negative of over about 1.95 the color
palette does not allow it, at least for the Epson 2200.

BTW, if you test the method that Sam and I worked out and find it
useful please feel free to send it to registered PDN users.

Sandy