Re: Susan Sontag

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 12/28/04-09:10:00 PM Z

Sontag was a brave soul. When I met her in Paris in the 1970's after
beginning her treatments for cancer, she was mostly very defensive. I mean,
'Hello, I'm from California,' opening a conversation in a private setting;
and she went off on something or other.

Finally, she softened and apologized and found we agreed on most of her
opinions. Definately, her opinions. An interesting person.

Considering: The American Philosopher stands nude, garnished by those
surrounding them. Susan has very interesting friends supporting her.

She will remain living, in my mind.

S. Shapiro