Ammonium Dichromate

From: trevor cunningham ^lt;tr_cunningham@yahoo.com>
Date: 12/29/04-03:55:03 AM Z

Just finished my first gum! An infrared print of my
bedroom window (original at:
http://www.geocities.com/chalk_jockey/bedwindow.html?1101125921406)

Not a lot of contrast, but then I used "burnt sienna"
with a touch of black (sort of a curry brown)...then
again, our sunlight is a little hazed out today here
in Cairo, the local rice farms are burning their waste
again...you can smell it in the air... another
question: Why might my ammonium dichromate/distilled
water solution be forming crystal lumps in the bottom
of the bottle (glass, dark brown)? IS this normal?
Or should I dump and begin anew? My solution is 60g
dichromate to 150mL of distilled water. Should it be
stronger? Weaker? Gum is 30g to 180mL.

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true" - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham