Re: Susan Sontag

From: Don Feinberg ^lt;ducque@mindspring.com>
Date: 12/29/04-07:01:17 AM Z

Jean,

You linked some good articles. Whether or not one would agree with Sontag,
they've certainly well characterized her independence, energy, and
forthrightness.

Over the years, I have had my points of disagreement with Sontag. But
today, especially in the accelerating 1984-like, neofascist, white-is-black,
dictatorship-of-the-ignorant-against-their-own-self-interest world of the
United States, whether one agrees or not with another is less relevant. We
have lost an important truth-teller in time of greatest need. More's the
tragedy.

Thanks much for the links.

Don Feinberg
ducque@mindspring.com