Re: UV exposure light boxes

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/04/04-12:58:36 PM Z

If I remember correctly, David Hoptman is indeed using a screen of 80%
density for the aquatint screen. I understand though that this is a linescreen
rather than stochastic and is around 300 lpi. on an imagesetter.

The image positives are then also made on an imagesetter with a stochastic
screen from a 600 ppi or 900 ppi file.

It seems the two different screening methods work best together, the regular
even dot pattern for the ground of the linescreen and the random pattern for
the image that is laid upon the ground.

Some info can be found at: http://www.psy.ku.dk/ross/Ph_grav.html

Mark Nelson