Re: I'm going to Paris - any tips where to go??

From: Hamish Stewart ^lt;hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk>
Date: 02/05/04-05:31:24 PM Z

On 5/2/04 23:04, "curzon@tegenlicht.com" <curzon@tegenlicht.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> There is a good change that I'll be spending my summer vacation near Paris,
> France this year.
> I would like to go to into Paris one day by myself (somewhere between 24th
> July and 7th August).
>
> Does anyone has some tips where I could go in (or nearby) Paris?
> I'm told there are some good shops for large format cameras overthere. I
> want to buy some film for
> 18x24cm format and just look at the equipment.
> I'm also interested in alternate photographic processes (posfactory
> processes), exhibitions (concerning photography or equipment), books and
> other related stuff.
>
> If anyone has a good tip, please let me know.
> Thanks.
>
> Bert from Holland, Europe "have fun and catch that lightbeam"
> my website: www.tegenlicht.com

If you are after cameras a good street for second hand stuff is Boulevard
Beaumarchais - take the metro to Bastille and just walk up the street.

Prophot is the place for film and supplies website is www.prophot.fr -
nearest metro is Anvers if I recall.

There are always plenty of photo expos in Paris but you may want to visit
MEP near Metro St Paul - its on rue de Fourcy. When you are in town get a
copy of Pariscope which lists all the expos. Hotel Sully, very close to the
MEP also has regular photo expos you will find it on rue st antoine.

Have fun
Hamish Stewart - Gum Bichromate Photographer - visit
<http://www.gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>
for gum bichromate images, technical information and links to recommended
resources on alternative photographic processes.
mailto:<hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk>