Re: Quadtone Inks & Digital Negatives

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/06/04-12:15:34 PM Z

Joe,

If I am reading this correctly, my guess is that the problem has nothing to
do with the curve you are using unless that curve does not have the endpoints
set at levels 0 and 255 or 0% and 100%, which might clip the highest ink
densities.

So, assuming that you are using an appropriate printing time and not
overexposing, then my first guess is that you are using a media setting that is not
laying down enough ink, such as one for a matte paper.&amp;nbsp; If so, try one of
the media settings such as would be used for a luster, semigloss or glossy
photo paper.&amp;nbsp; Print a Photoshop 21 step wedge&amp;nbsp; and test it.

If that does not help, the next thing to check is how you are setting up your
printer driver choices in areas other than media choice.

I never print an inkjet test strip in alt process without a standard 21 step
tablet like the Stouffer next to it.&amp;nbsp; It is confirmation of your ink
density and that your alt process is achieving the contrast range predicted.&amp;
nbsp; It provides a tremendous amount of information.

Mark Nelson