Re: Epson 4870

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 02/08/04-07:23:38 PM Z

I don't know the 1670, but the optical resolution of the 1680 is much
less than that of the 4870, although I believe it will do full 8X10
scans.

No idea how the 4870 will compare to a scanner like the Nikon
8000/9000. My own use for this scanner will be with medium format
(6X9cm) and 5X7" and I think it should perform very well with these
formats.

I have not seen any good reviews of the 4870 yet, probably because it
has been shipping in the US for only a few days. I understand that it
was available in New Zealand a couple of months ago so hopefully the
lads and lasses down under will have already found all the glitches.

Anyway at the price this was just a must-have tool for me.

Sandy