RE: What about 1200x1200dpi laser printers for digital negatives?

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 02/10/04-04:12:50 PM Z

Hi Marc, it's an Epson 1160. It can band due not well cleaned head
and/or in some tones. It doesn't band severly and not in every print so
I didn't investigate much... Actually "banding" may not be the correct
term or diagnosis: Pictorico dot gain is almost nonexistent; so what I
am seeing may be the simple weaving pattern of the native driver (the
fact that I'm not seeing it everytime may be explained by... I may not
be that attentive/nitpicking all times and/or the weaving pattern may be
somehow obtrusive in some tone/ink combinations only).

Regards,
Loris.