RE: CMOS vs CCD digital

From: Baird, Darryl ^lt;dbaird@umflint.edu>
Date: 02/13/04-01:37:11 PM Z

I'd like to add the one very interesting innovation Foveon developed
along with their CMOS chip (read that as high rez and cheap in mass
production) is the three layered silicon wafer that "reads" the
respective RGB lightwaves as each penetrates the wafer. The deeper the
penetration, the greater the respective color... for example if red is
first, then blue, then green -- a green light will penetrate the wafer
to the green depth, registering a much truer and cleaner "signal"
instead of three separate color sensors taking the same " shared"
space in the same position.

Darryl