RE: sizing with glyoxal

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 02/17/04-02:28:46 AM Z

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Don Bryant wrote:

> > For a separate hardening bath, I use 15 ml glyoxal per litre of water
>

> Can the dilute glyoxal be saved for reuse?

You might be able to use it the next day, but in that it's very different
from formaldehyde... If it no longer has any odor, I'd chuck it. And it
will soon polymerize, that is make big blobs. Which is one reason I use it
at 15%... It does the job as well, and doesn't keep any worse.

Formaldehyde working solution of course kept indefinitely.

J.