RE: Polymer Plate other weirdness

From: Baird, Darryl ^lt;dbaird@umflint.edu>
Date: 02/17/04-08:06:45 AM Z

Shannon,

go to this page:

http://www.photopolymerplates.com/intaglio.htm

10-15 minutes for hardening...

-Darryl

-----Original Message-----
From: shannon stoney [mailto:sstoney@pdq.net]
Sent: Tue 2/17/2004 8:50 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: RE: Polymer Plate other weirdness

>I also suggest looking at the Miraclon MS152 product sold by Gene
>Becker in NY state. Both these products will hold a fine dot.
>
>http://www.photopolymerplates.com/photopoly.htm

We have been using these at Rice recently, but we are having a hard
time getting them to harden properly. They stick to the paper when we
run the paper and plate through the press. How long do you all
harden them for? We tried 50 units on our plate burner and
apparently it wasn't enough. At least, we think that's why the
sticking is happening. It never happened with the solarplate, but we
think the solarplate is a bit expensive.

--shannon