RE: Argentum sulfericum

From: Robert W. Schramm ^lt;schrammrus@hotmail.com>
Date: 02/17/04-08:52:52 PM Z

I'm just curious. When silver/gel prints are not completely washed the
residual hypo combines with the silver to make silver sulfide (I'm told) so
that you get a yellow print. My question is, "What color is the silver
sulfide in your bottle? Is it yellow?" I ask because I have never seen
silver sulfide.

I assume that since the label was in Latin, the bottle must have belonged to
an alchemist.
Therefore, it may have magical properties. ;-) You could keep it around as a
conversation piece.
Leave it on your coffee table. When a guest asks what it is say, "Oh that. I
must have forgotten to put it away the last time I was turning some base
metal into gold."

Bob Schrammium
Check out my web page at:

  http://www.SchrammStudio.com