RE: Spotting Alt Prints

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 02/17/04-09:07:29 PM Z

Christine,

> i tend to use an enlarging lens held in front of my eye flipped
> backwards. works like a charm. i was taught in college to use spit
as
> a wetting medium, isn't that a riot.

Yes that was the practice I was taught many years ago but I can't
remember when or by who. Working with a large stack of prints often
dried me out though if you know what I mean.

Twirling the brush on my tongue also tickled ...

> also, don, i got a perfect color match when i desperately needed to
> finish a brown print *now* and all i had on hand was Calligrapher's
> sepia ink. i was lucky that day i guess.

Hmmm, sounds promising, when you say brown print I assume a VDB, yes? If
that is the case, I've been quite successful with WN VDB watercolor
cakes being able to obliterate large spots when needed. Not needed often
though thankfully.

Don