Re: Rockland Halo Chrome

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 02/17/04-09:24:02 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Danforth" <jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Rockland Halo Chrome

> Thanks for posting this! I have a bottle of Halo Chrome
that I was planning
> on working with soon and now I know that I should probably
avoid rapid
> fixer.
>
> Please post your results with the glossy RC paper and any
tips you come
> across for us!
>
> -Jon

  Acid rapid fixer is a mild solvent for metallic silver,
when neutral or alkaline it looses this property. I suspect
a neutral fixer of of either Sodium or Ammonium would be
best for this process. There are some packaged neutral
fixing baths. Agfa makes one for its color processing. Its
cheap.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA