Re: video

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 02/19/04-12:07:08 AM Z

This discussion is not appropriate on the alt-photo-list.

If anyone would wish to discuss this further please do so at another
forum.

Gord Holtslander
List Manager

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Jon Lybrook wrote:

> So, what was the densitometer reading on your subjects? I'm surprised you got
> any image at all... ;-)
>
> Great work Adam!! Into the lion's den (so to speak). Try contacting someone at
> Free Speech TV (http://fstv.org). They run homegrown documentaries like this
> often and yours is certainly worth airing, IMO. I'll forward it to some folks
> there I know too.
>
> Next time you're lamely told all your answers are in the bible by some
> scary-looking person, try using gems contained in this post that's been
> circulating the internet. I've not checked it for literary accuracy, but
> someone may want to.
>
> Jon
>
> ~~~
> Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality who dispenses advice to
> people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an
> observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to
> Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.
>
> The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a east coast
> resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as
> informative:
>
> Dear Dr. Laura: Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding
> God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share
> that knowledge with as many people as I can . When someone tries to defend
> the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus
> 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
>
> I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other
> specific laws and how to follow them:
>
> When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
> pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They
> claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
> I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus
> 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for
> her?
>
> Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female,
> provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine
> claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
> Why can't I own Canadians?
>
> I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2
> clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill
> him myself?
>
> A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination
> - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't
> agree. Can you settle this?
>
> Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a
> defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear read! ing glasses. Does my
> vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
>
> Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around
> [...]

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2