Re: Calculating Scan Size

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/20/04-05:07:02 PM Z

Sandy,

I assume you are scanning in 16 bit grayscale, but below is a table for
scanning 5x7 at various resolutions. It would be pretty close to a Photoshop
file. I assume you will scan at some native (non interpolated) resolution of the
scanner. Pixels column would equal the size of an 8 bit grayscale file.
All numbers are in megabytes.

Scan Res Pixels B&W (16) RGB RGB
Res 16 Bit 8 bit 16 bit
300 3.2 6.3 9.45 18.9