Re: FW: UV blocker in TMAX100 base?

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/25/04-09:23:17 PM Z

Judy,

This was what I didn't understand...

Judy: "Oh my, the material I tested was at most maybe 2 steps lighter...or
about
2 minutes out of 8 minutes... Having found a surprising difference
between guide (among guides???), & not knowing in advance what the
difference will be, I would use the same one, at least for starters."

It sounded as if the material was cutting the exposure by two steps or a full
stop. If so, and if your standard exposure time was 8 minutes, then you
would have to double the 8 minutes to compensate for the material's full stop
density—or are you saying that the material cut the exposure 2 steps (a full stop
on Stouffer) and that was the equivalent of cutting the exposure, which in
that case it would be the same as halving the exposure of 8 minutes to 4
minutes, not 2 minutes. Or how bout this—let's get a couple bottles of wine, some
cheese and cracker, look at the two cyanotype prints of the Stouffers, and wait
an hour and maybe we won't even give a damn! hehehehehe

Mark Nelson