Re: btzs tubes and clearing kodak films

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 02/26/04-01:59:27 PM Z

Shannon,

There is no magical time because the time it takes to clear the
anti-halation coating varies a lot with films. The Hungarian films
clear quickly and completely in five minutes in the fixer, while some
of the Kodak films, Tmax films in particular, won't clear completely
with ten minutes in the fixer and 20 -30 minute washes.

I always remove the film from the tubes after the stop-bath and fix
and wash in trays. Whatever period of time it takes to clear the
anti-halation back is the time I use.

Sandy