Re: Fortepan

From: Susan Huber ^lt;shuber@ssisland.com>
Date: 02/26/04-10:38:37 PM Z

Hello Sandy, I use contact printing with POP and use primarily Ilford Hp5-
Ihave noticed it was very flat in low contrast scenes- using Pyro tends to
even
out the values (for me at least). As it is very dreary in the West Coast,
Canada- I have started using Forte Poly Warm tone paper as a contact via the
enlarger
and really findsthe values quite beautiful. I got some Kentmere form a
distributor in Ontario (same people who make the Centennial POP in the UK)
and found it
too contrasty- same grade. They both tone nicely in selenium. Not sure you
can get the Forte paper in the US. I haven't tried the Forte pan film.
Susan.