RE: dags

From: David J. Greiner Jr. ^lt;godlike@elp.rr.com>
Date: 01/04/04-08:50:25 PM Z

If you don't mind trimming metal, the easiest thing to do is look for old
plate cameras in an odd size. I have two 9x12 centimeter cameras (slightly
smaller than 4"x5") that I picked up for almost nothing ($8 for one and $10
for the other). I haven't used them for making dags, but I've used them for
tintypes and dry plates (using liquid emulsion) and they work great. I
bought both of them on ebay and simply searched for "plate" in the cameras
and photo section and check out what cameras show up.

*****
Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim.
                       -Bertrand Russell