RE: HUMILITY in my darkroom........

From: Baird, Darryl ^lt;dbaird@umflint.edu>
Date: 01/13/04-06:42:14 AM Z

I see this often here in Michigan where the water is downright
unhealthy... lots of sediment too. The iron content is very high,
making the water extremely hard. I mix my pyro with distilled, but the
pre-soak and wash are from the tap. I have to be careful not to touch
the film until I've given it a good spray to dislodge any large
particules. I see small "tears" where it appears the emulsion has been
sliced from the base and folded over on itself... very small, but it
is a hole.

maybe they were working on the water mains in your area, that
happended once back in Dallas and I had rusty water for two days.

-Darryl