Chromatype anybody??

From: ryberg ^lt;cryberg@comcast.net>
Date: 01/13/04-02:58:28 PM Z

In his book on cyanotypes Mike Ware mentions but does not comment on a
process called chromatype. Google has only one pertinent listing--about the
7th if you just type in chromatype-- which gives a very 19th century
description of the process (that means elegant prose and vague specifics).
The process uses copper sulfate, Potassium dichromate, and silver nitrate.
     I have not been able to make it work. Usually I get a smudge of
orange. Sometimes in the smudge there is a hint of an image. But there are
sometimes nice, intense, brick-red tones too, which makes me want to get it
to work.
     Any advice?
Charles Portland OR