Re: Roller for gum (was: Re: humidity in your darkroom........

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 01/20/04-10:42:14 AM Z

Baird, Darryl wrote:

> Katharine,
>
> I remember talking with Stephen about humidity (or his talking to the
> B&S group) and do very much remember his hiatus from printing comment.
> It seemed he didn't print due to the huge change in humidty of late
> summer. He confessed to cleaning and film testing in lieu of printing.

Thanks, I was already convinced by Chris's quote from the website that
he did indeed say this, although I'm surprised. But my quibble was
that he didn't say it in the book that was cited; in other words this is
about citations. When someone says "Source A says x, and source B says
y" I expect to be able to go to source A and read x, and to B and read
y. If it's not there, then I'm cross. And if I then ask for page
numbers, and the pages I'm given contain no information relating to x or
y, then I'm really cross. I just expect a kind of minimal scholarship
with regard to citations; perhaps it's unreasonable to expect.

Katharine Thayer