RE: Indigo

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;keith@gumphoto.com>
Date: 01/22/04-09:58:33 PM Z

Indigo is the only pigment I've encountered that flakes whenever I've used
it on any kind of paper. I'm probably on record as saying that ANY pigment
can be used with gum, but the truth is I've never had any success with any
indigo. Honestly, before I tried indigo, I always wondered what "flaking"
was when I heard it discussed regarding gum printing. Someone (Katherine?)
mentioned here that modern indigo contains lamp black. Maybe that
contributes to the problem (although I actually haven't had that many
problems with lamp black on the few occasions I've used it.)

This is what I do to achieve an indigo type color: mix 1 part pthalo blue to
4-5 parts ivory black. It's very close to indigo.