Color Daguerreotypes?

From: Jon Danforth ^lt;jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
Date: 01/23/04-01:54:09 PM Z

Abrams' "The Invention of Photography" briefly mentions a 'Pastor Hill' and
his attempts at color photography using the Daguerreotype. The book didn't
elaborate on the process or the success but I was wondering if anyone has
seen or heard of this kind of work? I would guess that the experiments
would be in the 1860-1866 realm, is that on base?

Maybe they could be talking about a toning procedure but I was under the
impression that Daguerreotypes were generally toned with Gold after
development.

-Jon