RE: moral dilemma - OT

From: Greg Schmitz ^lt;gws1@columbia.edu>
Date: 01/24/04-07:23:08 PM Z

Judy, that's a very sad story and from what I know about Walmart, not
surprising. For folks who think they are getting a deal at Walmart,
think again. Because of the pay scale many Walmart workers qualify
for food stamps and other aid programs. Essentially our taxes are
being used to subsidize Walmart. Free market indeed!

-greg schmitz

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Judy Seigel wrote:

much deleted: snip%<

> Unh unh..., even if we had a Walmart in NYC (I don't think I've been in
> one), speaking of moral dilemmas, I'd have trouble shopping there. They
> mistreat and exploit their employees brutally, as has been well documented
> in the press lately -- and as I know from a private account. AND folks,
> this has indeed something to do with alternative photography, so if you
> own Walmart stock -- too bad.

snip%<