Re: storing lenses

From: John ^lt;ap@darkroompro.com>
Date: 01/26/04-01:22:25 AM Z

At 10:55 PM 1/21/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>I have to store a couple of lenses for three months in my house here in TN.
>I wonder what is the best way to do this to prevent mold?
>
>--shannon

         We're in the same boat on this issue. I'm planning on building
something like a humidor but instead of keeping the humidty in, I'm putting
in silica gel cartridges which can be "recharged" by pouring the gel out
onto a cookie sheet and baking for a while. If you want something large,
you might consider looking on Ebay for a jewellers cabinet. One of my
neighbors uses one to dispay his wares at flea markets.

Regards,

John S. Douglas - Photographer, Webmaster & Computer Tech
         Website --- http://www.darkroompro.com

---