RE: Silver chloride contact printing papers - AZO

From: Rocky J. Boudreaux ^lt;rocky@pdq.net>
Date: 01/26/04-06:23:07 PM Z

Here is some information on AZO.

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=004CSN

http://unblinkingeye.com/

For in depth stuff check in here.
http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/SignUp.html
Maybe this will help.
Rocky Boudreaux
Houston, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: aikus2@freestart.hu [mailto:aikus2@freestart.hu]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 2:14 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Re: Silver chloride contact printing papers - AZO

2004.01.26. 18:05 Loris Medici <loris_medici@yahoo.com> vrote:

----
> The AZO
> article also mention developers like Amidol, Dektol... that's where I
> got confused; according to my limited knowledge, salted and albumenized
> silver chloride papers are POP papers - there's no development involved
The several silver chloride POP papers contents some free silver nitrate to
get the printing out effect. There was (is?) silver chloride gelatine
"emulsions"  developing out (DOP) paper also - usually without free silver
nitrate.
It was called as a "contact paper" because it has a low speed so it was not
able for enlarging -- only for contact printing.
This type of paper was available by all main producers till about the
1970-s. (And more by a few producers).
In a time silver chloride collodion developing paper was also widely used.
There was a few product for dual using DOP/POP called as gaslight paper in
the first decades of XX. century.
(And a lot of other versions of the developed silver chlorides also in the
history.)
Bálint Flesch
Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a
FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu