Re: storing lenses

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 01/26/04-05:12:31 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shannon Stoney" <shannonstoney@earthlink.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 7:35 AM
Subject: Re: storing lenses

> > We're in the same boat on this issue. I'm
planning on building
> > something like a humidor but instead of keeping the
humidty in, I'm putting
> > in silica gel cartridges which can be "recharged" by
pouring the gel out
> > onto a cookie sheet and baking for a while.
>
> I have been trying to find silica gel locally. Does
anybody know where you
> can buy it? I already tried Walmart. ;-)
>
> --shannon

   Light Impressions has silica gel dessicators for sale.
There are two forms: metal or plastic cases. Both can be
regenerated. See http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com
   I spent some time looking for a bulk seller using Google
but found no sources for small amounts. Silica gel seems to
be used by those who dry flowers for a hobby, so hobby shops
may be a source. They also use cat litter for drying. I
don't know if that would work for lenses, its certainly easy
enough to find.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA