Re: Re: moral dilemma

From: res1dvao@verizon.net
Date: 01/28/04-10:17:16 AM Z

At the risk of extending this issue far longer than it deserves I feel compelled to answer.

A. I do not work for Wal-Mart and never have.

B. I am not an attorney.

C. I don't even shop at Wal-Mart.

D. Attorneys who specialize in workers comp work for the injured client but, in the end, are paid by Workers Comp. Their interests, and reputations, rely on their success for the injured.

E. The doctors who accept workers comp patients work for the injured but, in the end, are paid by Workers Comp.

F. My response to you is the same I would have made to a man. In fact, I didn't even consider your sex when writing my response. You need to lighten up on this gender issue.

G. Do you think the woman telling this story has an agenda and is an objective narrator? While there are some sad stories of people who slip thru the cracks, that is not the case in the vast majority of cases.

My main objection is the demonetization of Wal-Mart.

This is a company which lowers the cost of living for huge numbers of lower income people. (It is expensive to be poor)

It provides jobs for thousands of people who might not otherwise be employed.

When Wal-Mart moves into an new area it requires existing small businesses to become customer centric, freshen up their stores and stock and provide better service and goods. Business owners unwilling to adapt fail. Others prosper under the challenge.

My last and final word.

George