Re: Temperaprint & Chicken Tempura

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 01/29/04-02:27:43 PM Z

I see, I was wondering which came first, the chicken or the egg...er the
sizing or the egg hehehehe, but then it would make sense to size first and then
eggit.

If you print six or seven steps on a Stouffer wedge, then it require about a
negative with about Log .9 to Log 1.05 density, which I understand is similar
to gum printing. I see though, what you mean that single printing is rare,
and density is built up with subsequent coats. Though targeting negatives to
this density would be certainly helpful to retain tonality.

Having grown up on a midwest farm, where there were no acacia trees, but
plenty of eggs, the process intruigues me. I appreciate your sharing
information.

I lost a previous post where you mentioned whether or not you use Potassium
Dichromate or Ammonium Dichromate. Do you have a preference? (sorry if this
is repetive)?

Does the Ammonium Dichromate print with a longer scale than Potassium
Dichromate as with gum?

Can you lengthen the printed scale (on a Stouffers) by using more saturated
solutions of either?

Thanks in Advance for your kind patience.

Mark Nelson
Leggomyeggo

PS: I think there is another Stouffers here in the US with some of their
own egg recipes...