Re: Editioning

From: Craig Zammiello ^lt;zamm@optonline.net>
Date: 07/03/04-04:25:16 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Loris Medici" <loris_medici@yahoo.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: Editioning

> I sell unique prints (BTW, what is the difference
> between a unique print and a monoprint?),

Nothing, it's just a term...

>but I warning the purchaser that
> the prints are unique only for the medium/color + size combination, in
other
> words: I can print the same image in another medium/color and/or size. I
> don't think it's wrong to call this "unique" as soon as the purchaser is
> informed correctly. What do you think?

This indeed is what we refer to as a "monoprint" in the world of
publishing, since it's using a common matrix. It's very noble of you to let
the collector know the heredity of the print.
Also, it is indeed "unique" as in "species" ( or sub-species ), and can be
also termed a monoprint because it is using the same negative/positive
(genus).

Best, Craig Z.